Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Life as it is and Life as we (or as I) know it.

This is more like an entry to ponder on certain things, unlike my previous rants. There are a lot in my head at the moment that it all seem to consume me. And it felt like, I allowed it to be so only to let time pass regardless of its quality.

Right now, I am not overly happy. Everything is just alright and I am okay. But I am not happy in being okay. I want something extraordinary. I want something inspiring. I want a lot of things I can’t seem to grasp right now.

It’s like everything in life is about waiting: waiting for the right moment to come, waiting for somebody’s consent on how you’ll live your life, waiting for a certain event that will turn your world upside down to set things right.

Life is overrated.

Love is overrated.

Friendship is just as overrated.

Fine.

Maybe I don’t really mean it. Maybe it’s just me expecting so much from myself and not accomplishing it all right now is crushing me.

The gaining age part is just as heartbreaking. I am growing old and I am still not going anywhere. Yes, quarter life crisis or whatever… I am frustrated with my lack of back bone. I am tolerating the status quo and I’m fine with it (something that made me want to be ashamed of myself).

Life is not supposed to be hard. It’s just that I always make it so. I set up high standards for achievement. I always expect more from myself. I make greatness a goal. I try to inspire as many as I can towards the same goal… but there are times when my own standard and goal for greatness catches up to me. Then, it will eat me up whole as I find more people who can effortlessly achieve and stand out.

I always have to prove something. There are people who don’t have to.

I always have to work hard to deserve the things that I have. Still, there are people who get things with no sweat.

Life can be unfair. There are people who are supposed to be behind you but then overtake and mercilessly leave you behind. Can be because they have the power, they have the connection or that they simply can do such things. Life is not so much like a beach. It’s more like a predatory safari. It’s as if Charles Darwin got it all right the very first time.

Realization: I am just as hard to myself as I am to everyone else. There’s more to life. And, patience is a virtue. Then, add up perseverance, have a little more faith, think of the Muse (who doesn’t seem to know who I am). And oh, remember: Ut In Omnibus Glorificatur Dei --- That in all things (I’ll do), God may be glorified; Greatness is the goal; make Morality the standard.

Rise above.

Just, rise above.

Even if what it has to be is taking one painful step at a time, then so be it.

So be it.

------------------------------------
Lunes, Nobyembre 16, 2009 nang 5:02 PM

No comments: